Purpose of Colorado Association of Fairs and Shows
- To serve as the nucleus of the fair & show industry in Colorado
- To preserve and strengthen the fair & show industry through its members
- To provide assistance as needed to its members for the furtherance and benefit of its members
- To preserve and promote all of the youth program of Colorado using the CAFS as its medium
- To uphold the professional values of the fair & show industry and will strive to preserve the integrity of the fairs and shows in Colorado
- To showcase entertainment and assist in obtaining social activities and talent for fairs and shows
Objectives of Colorado Association of Fairs and Shows
- To promote and encourage agriculture, horticulture and the domestic arts through annual fairs of member organizations
- To encourage and assist in the development and improvement of fairs and shows in Colorado
- To foster a spirit of cooperation among its members and to exchange ideas on management and problems of general interest
- To further interest in the material and educational development of agriculture and the fair industry in Colorado
Types of Membership
Fairs or Shows:
- Regular Members are any Fair Board, Show, Exposition, CSU Extension, County ,Society, Committee, Individuals or Group producing
a recognized event.
- Associate Members are any business, support organization, agency, or individual not operating a fair or show but providing services and/orproducts relating to the fairs and shows industry, or otherwise interested in fairs and shows.
- Corporation, organization, or individuals providing services, entertainment, talent agencies, exhibits, concessions, equipment or supplies to the fair industry
- Agricultural, horticulture, livestock and other associations who further the agriculture industry and community life through fairs
- Annually scheduled events: talent acts, rodeos, horse shows, livestock shows, community celebrations, trade shows, that do not meet the membership definition of regular members.